Notice to students & parents re: the continued hot weather and end of term details
Re: Hot weather and End of Term details
The hot summer weather shows no signs of abating, so we have taken the decision to continue to allow students the option of wearing their blazers to or around the academy until the end of the term. The rest of the uniform should be worn to the usual high standards during the hot weather. Shirts should remain tucked in and ties must be worn as normal, with the top button done up. Please remember that short sleeved shirts are acceptable.
It is a busy end to the academic year and we have summarised some of the events taking place below. Unless otherwise stated, it is expected that students wear full school uniform, with the exception of the blazer. Attendance for the following two weeks is compulsory for all students; any students with unauthorised absence will be passed to our Attendance Officer to investigate further.
Thursday 12th July - Year 8 Girls HPV Vaccinations
Monday 16th July
- Academic Review Day for Years 8 and 10
- Parents/carers have been provided with a meeting slot to discuss the progress of their child.
- Entry is from the back entrance to the academy (Willesden Sports Centre).
- Students should wear school uniform for the meeting.
- Flexiday for Year 7 and 9
- All students should be outside their LAs at 8.35am, entry is from the front of the academy.
- Year 7 students will attend sessions focusing on careers, staying safe, puberty and avoiding crime.
- Year 9 students will attend sessions focusing on careers, diversity, self-esteem, mental and sexual health.
Tuesday 17th July - Reward Trips Day
- Students have been allocated to a variety of trips and activities taking place during the school day.
Wednesday 18th July - Celebration afternoon
- During period 6, students who have displayed exemplary behaviour throughout the year will be invited to a celebration event during period 6.
Thursday 19th July - Sports Day
- This will take place at Willesden Sports Centre. All students should register as normal with their LAs at 8.40am. Further details will be sent out closer to the time.
Friday 20th July - Last day of term
- Students will be dismissed at 12pm from the back entrance of the academy.