Associate Senior Leader
Associate Senior Leader - Student and Staff Wellbeing
At Capital City Academy we are looking for an additional Senior Leader to join our Capital Leadership Team (CLT). This Associate Senior Leader would be a teaching role and we are specifically looking for teaching expertise in Geography or Science. The role has been created to provide capacity to make a significant impact in the areas of staff and student wellbeing. Staff wellbeing is a key focus at Capital and staff governors have key actions to support wellbeing on the school action plan but there is space alongside our DEI programme for creative leadership in this area. The role would involve deputising for the DSL and also leading on whole-school prevention of bullying. Therefore this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced pastoral middle leader to move into whole school pastoral leadership. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership skills and be committed to making a significant contribution to our collaborative, diverse and committed CLT which is led by the Principal, Associate Principal and two Vice Principals. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced middle or senior leader to join a cohesive and effective team and be key players in the leadership of our Capital Community.
Capital City Academy provides an exceptional environment for academic and sporting excellence. We foster artistic creativity, wellbeing and leadership potential within a rich and diverse community. Our core values of determination, integrity, curiosity and empathy inspire and nurture a passion for learning and success with a strong sense of inclusivity, individuality and responsibility.
From its origins as the first city academy, the exceptional education we provide takes advantage of the opportunities offered by our privileged location and facilities in the most vibrant, multi-cultural city in the world. The enthusiasm, discipline and ambition of our students combined with the high expectations, outstanding teaching and creative dedication of our staff makes our vision a reality at Capital.
The foundations of achieving our vision are:
- Capital Curriculum: outstanding quality and breadth of education
- Capital Classroom: exceptional teachers who support students’ passion for learning with the tools for success for every individual
- Capital Community: relationships, routines and recognition that lead to a sense of belonging, wellbeing, mutual respect and exemplary behaviour both within Capital and in our local community
- Capital 6: post 16 excellence with a broad range of pathways, sporting academies and inspiring student leaders
- Capital Arts & Sports: specialisms that embed essential skills and enable exceptional performance
Our moral purpose is to ensure our students and staff have access to the best possible futures and contribute positively to society through an outstanding careers/development programme, excellent leadership and coaching. This leadership role provides the opportunity to be part of realising this vision and driving further improvement in student progress and personal development across the academy. This role could start in September or January.
You will be:
- an outstanding teacher with a track record of successfully implementing whole school procedures
- an experienced pastoral leader with clear vision
- passionate and experienced in improving student progress and wellbeing
- a good communicator with the ability to connect with all stakeholders
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
We can offer you:
- A fantastic academy, student body and committed staff team - all working towards a shared vision
- The opportunity to work in a large senior team in a very supportive environment
- Excellent CPD provision
- A school that values wellbeing, coaching, part-time working and development for all staff
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please complete and return the Application Form by email to email@example.com. Applications to be received by the closing date of 9am on Wednesday 13th July.
|Associate Senior Leader student and staf...||29th Jun 2022||Download|
|Recruitment Information Pack 2021-22||19th Dec 2021||Download|
|Capital Prospectus 2021 22 WEB||19th Dec 2021||Download|
|Ofsted Inspection Letter 8.03.2019||13th Oct 2021||Download|
|Application Form for Teaching Post 2022||21st Jun 2022||Download|