Are you a graduate looking for the opportunity to gain experience in an educational setting? Are you thinking of teaching in the future but would like time to develop the essential skills required and assess whether this is the career for you? Capital City academy are seeking Graduate Interns with experience of working with young people and the desire to run additional activities to help students develop their creative, sporting or academic talents for September 2019. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and reliable, reflective and innovative and will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed. This is a 1 year post with the option to continue into teacher training supported by the academy in the second year.
You will be:
- an inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- passionate about your subject and have excellent academic qualifications
- able to offer an extra-curricular club or class.
- able to use a range of strategies to support classroom behaviour.
- a good communicator, with outstanding organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a school environment within a wide range of roles
- The opportunity to progress into teacher training supported by the academy
- Excellent CPD provision and a school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please email your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications to be received by the closing date of midday on Friday 21st June 2019 - interviews will be held on Wednesday 26th June 2019.