Free School Meals
Are you eligible for Free School Meals?
At Capital City Academy we like to provide families with all the information regarding the financial support that is available to them. Free school meals money is paid directly into the canteen accounts of the pupils. Students do not carry a card and are not highlighted in any way. In addition, the school receives additional funding based on the number of students with Free School Meals. It is therefore beneficial to all students if families who are eligible apply, even if they choose not to take up the offer.
You can get free meals if your child attends Capital City Academy and you get receive one of the following benefits.
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowances (ESA-(IR))
- Child Tax Credit - Providing you do not receive Working Tax Credit and have an assessed annual income that is less than £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Or if you are supported by NASS and supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. You must provide your NASS reference number.
Only one FSM visit to the canteen is possible during the day, and credit may not be carried over. If an item is purchased in morning break, then the full day's FSM allowance will be used up. It is advised that FSM allowance is used at lunch time to purchase a full meal and a drink. If you wish to purchase something at morning break, then please bring additional funds.
Please click on the following link for information of the Free School Meal Allocation for 2016/17 at Capital City Academy.
Please click on the links below to download more detailed Guidance Notes on Free School Meals.