Parent Governor VacancyPosted on: 19/03/2019
Applications are now being invited for the position of Parent Governor.
The Governing Body has a vacancy for a Parent Governor and is now inviting applications.
The role of the Governing Body is to:
- Help set and review the schools strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
- Hold the Principal and leadership team to account for the educational performance of the school and its students
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent
- Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children at Capital City Academy.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:
- Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
- Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
- Has spare time and the energy for the role
- Is able to work well as part of a team
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgments
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- An opportunity to work alongside the Director of Parental & Community Engagement to take ownership of and develop the Parent Forum.
- An opportunity drive initiatives such as fundraising and social events for the parent body.
- Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
- A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
- The support and guidance from fellow governors
Governors are expected to attend 4 Full Governing Body and 4 committee meetings every academic year (usually held Thursday mornings) and the term of office is 4 years. A full induction and subsequent training will be provided to the successful candidate.
To apply for this post or obtain further information please contact the Clerk to Governors, Beth Yap, on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a short paragraph on why you feel you would be good for the role. The deadline for applications is Friday 29th March. If more than one application is received than an election will be held.