Ofsted Inspection - November 2015
The Academy was inspected by Ofsted on 18th and 19th November 2015. Inspectors looked at different aspects of the school and included a separate grade for sixth form. I am pleased to be able to let you know that Capital City Academy was graded ‘good’ in all areas.
- Overall Effectiveness: Good
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Good
- Outcomes for pupils: Good
- 16 to 19 study programmes (the sixth form): Good
We are proud of many of the Academy’s achievements and improvements. For example: Our results over the last two years have placed us in the top third of schools for progress and the excellent 2015 A Level and BTEC National results enabled over 70 pupils to gain a place at University. Ofsted recognised these and many other strengths commenting:
- …senior leaders are relentless in their drive to improve standards;
- Teaching is typically good and some outstanding;
- Progress in English and mathematics is good;
- Student behaviour in lessons and around the Academy is good;
- The Academy is effective in ensuring students are safe;
- Students taking vocational courses in the sixth form achieve exceptionally well…the achievement of students on academic courses has improved; and
- Governors…are highly effective.
The Academy’s Governing Body, leaders and staff are very ambitious for its students and will be maintaining their drive to improve Capital even further. We will build further on the many strengths of the Academy which, we believe, provides an exceptional environment for learning.
The report has been published on Ofsted’s website:
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/ and can also be downloaded using the link below.