Vision and Values
Capital City Academy provides an exceptional environment for academic and sporting excellence. We foster artistic creativity, wellbeing and leadership potential within a rich and diverse community. Our core values of determination, integrity, curiosity and empathy inspire and nurture a passion for learning and success with a strong sense of inclusivity, individuality and responsibility. We use our voices purposefully as global citizens.
From its origins as the first city academy, the exceptional education we provide takes advantage of the opportunities offered by our privileged location and facilities in the most vibrant, multi-cultural city in the world. The enthusiasm, discipline and ambition of our students combined with the high expectations, outstanding teaching and creative dedication of our staff makes our vision a reality at Capital.
The foundations of achieving our vision are:
- Capital Curriculum: outstanding quality and breadth of education
- Capital Classroom: exceptional teachers who support students’ passion for learning with the tools for success for every individual
- Capital Community: relationships, routines and recognition that lead to a sense of belonging, wellbeing, mutual respect and exemplary behaviour both within Capital and in our local community
- Capital 6: post 16 excellence with a broad range of pathways, sporting academies and inspiring student leaders
- Capital Arts & Sports: specialisms that embed essential skills and enable exceptional performance
Our moral purpose is to ensure our students and staff have access to the best possible futures and contribute positively to society through an outstanding careers/development programme, excellent leadership, and coaching.