Uniform & Equipment
Uniform and Expectations
- Arriving in full school uniform helps students feel equal and gets them, ‘Ready to Learn’.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies, caps, trainers, make up and jewellery including rings (with the exception of one pair of small gold or silver studs and a watch) are not permitted and must not be worn.
- We do not allow any facial piercings or more than one piercing in an ear. You will be asked to remove any piercings (even if they have just been done).
- No nail varnish or false nails are allowed.
- Hair must be worn in an appropriate style and there should not be any markings cut into the hair, dyed hair or any extreme fashion which would create any undue interest in the student.
- Only plain black leather school shoes are permitted. Uniform expectations also apply when students travel to and from school.
- If you are considering buying a winter coat or waterproof jacket please note that this should be plain black or navy blue.
- Students in Years 7-9 are also required to have the ‘Capital’ bag.
The uniform is supplied by ACE Clothing Company at 5a Courtenay Road, East Lane Business Park. East Lane, Wembley, HA9 7ND. Telephone: 020 8045 0296.
Uniform can be bought by visiting their store or alternatively they offer an online ordering service that can be accessed by clicking on the following link:
Students will need to have:
- School Blazer with logo
- School Jumper with logo
- School Tie in Year Colour
- Dark Blue Trouser / Skirt
- Pale Blue Shirt/Blouse (Years 7 & 8)
- White Shirt/Blouse (Years 9, 10, 11)
- PE Polo Shirt
- PE Tracksuit Bottom
- PE Tracksuit Jacket
- Capital Bag
- Dark blue/black outdoor coat
NOTE: Students whose current PE kit is still fit for purpose do not have to replace it until they require a new one.
Items of clothing that are not part of the school uniform will be confiscated. Those arriving in incorrect uniform will be asked to return home and come back correctly attired sent to the APS room.
Students must bring a minimum of a black pen, green pen, pencil, rubber, ruler, maths set and a Casio scientific calculator (available from the library for £6) carried in a Capital bag. Year 10, 11 and C6 students may use their own bag if it is large enough to support an A4 ring binder without folding it. A reading book, reading log (Y7&8) and the planner should also be brought to school every day. The Academy's PE kit and exercise books are required as per the student's timetable.
Mobile Phones and iPods/Headphones
We know that many young people have mobile phones, however they are easily lost or stolen which can cause upset and wasted time. They can also cause a distraction. Therefore we will be enforcing the school rules which state that phones must be turned off at all times whilst on the school site and any mobile phone OR headphones seen at any time on site will be confiscated. These will be returned to students after school at the end of the S3 prep detention that will be issued if a mobile phone or set of headphones is seen and therefore confiscated.
It is important to note that parents wishing to contact students in case of an emergency can use the school telephone line and a message will be relayed. It is is also important to note that no responsibility can be taken for student mobile phones whilst on the school site although we will endeavour to keep all students' belongings safe.