Uniform & Equipment
Uniform and Expectations
Arriving in full school uniform helps students feel equal and supports them to be ‘Ready to Learn’. It is expected that uniform expectations apply when students travel to and from the academy, which includes:
- School blazer with logo
- School jumper with logo
- School tie in their year colour
- Dark blue trousers / skirt
- Pale blue shirt/blouse (Years 7 & 8)
- White shirt/blouse (Years 9, 10, 11)
- PE polo shirt
- PE tracksuit bottom
- PE tracksuit jacket
- Capital school bag (Years 7-9)
- School bag that can fit an A4 folder (Years 10-11)
- Dark blue/black outdoor coat
The academy uniform is supplied by ACE Clothing Company. Uniform can be purchased by visiting their store at: 5a Courtenay Road, East Lane Business Park, East Lane, Wembley, HA9 7ND. Telephone: 020 8045 0296.
Alternatively, an online ordering service is available by clicking on the following link
Uniform that is not permitted includes:
- Sweatshirts, hoodies, caps or trainers.
- Excessive make up, at the discretion of the Year Team Leader.
- Jewellery, including rings, with the exception of a watch.
- Facial piercings, other than one pair of small gold or silver ear studs.
- False nails.
- Hair must be worn in an appropriate style and there should not be any markings cut into the hair, dyed hair or any extreme fashion which would create any undue interest in the student.
Items of clothing that are not part of the school uniform will be confiscated and students arriving in incorrect uniform will be sent to the APS room. Students who repeatedly wear incorrect uniform will receive further sanctions.
Students must bring a minimum of a black pen, green pen, pencil, rubber, ruler, maths set and a Casio scientific calculator (available from the library for £6) carried in a Capital bag. Year 10, 11 and C6 students may use their own bag if it is large enough to support an A4 ring binder without folding it. A reading book, reading log (Y7&8) and the planner should also be brought to school every day. The Academy's PE kit and exercise books are required as per the student's timetable.
Mobile Phones and iPods/Headphones
We know that many young people have mobile phones, however they are easily lost or stolen which can cause upset and wasted time. They can also cause a distraction. If students do bring mobile phones onto the premises it is expected that they are turned off at all times. The Academy takes no responsibility for student mobile phones if they decide to bring them into school. If mobile phones, ipods or headphones are seen at any time on the premises the item will be confiscated and a detention issued. The item will be returned to the student after they have completed their detention.
If parents/carers need to contact a student whilst at school they should phone the reception for a message to be relayed.